Bunker Hill Council No. 62 presented this gavel to the Knights of Columbus Supreme Council during the 1914 Supreme Convention in St. Paul, Minnesota. The head piece of this gavel is made of wood removed during the 1906-1907 restoration of the U.S.S. Constitution, a.k.a. Old Ironsides, the oldest commissioned warship in the United States. The shaft wood is from Faneuil Hall in Boston. President John F. Kennedy later became a member of Council 62.