A vintage council chamber was recreated in 2007 within the Knights of Columbus museum. It is located on the second floor and adjacent to the States Gallery.Through its design of rich wood paneling and vintage lighting, its sets the stage for council activities and is the current home of St. Thomas More Council 13500.The chamber is also made available to councils within the state for various aspects of degree work and serves as a museum lecture area.
Vintage chamber furniture obtained as gifts from several councils adorns the room. The focus of the paneling design comes from the high relief carved swags that were salvaged from the sixth national headquarters office of Supreme Knight Luke E. Hart, 1953-64. The decorative panels appeared in the March 1957 issue of Life magazine that featured the Order’s 75th anniversary observance. A frieze, or band of carved crosses adorns the room and the chamber contains several lighted display cases, as well. A stately marble statue of Christopher Columbus, a gift from Salt Lake City Council 602 completes the décor.