By Father Delaporte, Society of Mercy,
Doctor of Theology, Professor of Dogma, Bordeaux, France
D. & J. Sadlier Co., N. Y., 1871
Salvatore J. Santopietro Collection
The front flyleaf of this book bears the handwritten inscription “E. Libris/ P. A. Murphy” followed by the signature of M. J. McGivney.
Rev. Patrick A. Murphy was the pastor of St. Mary’s Church when Father McGivney served as his assistant-curate.
Perhaps the pastor gave the book to his young curate, or perhaps they both warmed their acquaintance by discussing it during Father McGivney’s priestly assignment.